How Our Exams Work
QABA’s examination process is designed to be easily understood and user friendly. Please carefully follow the steps below so that the path toward your credential is a seamless process. If you have any questions during the application process, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
The Application Process
- Sign up to create an account
- Enroll in either the ABAT, QASP-S, or QBA certification program
- Fill out all necessary information and upload required documents
- Pay the application and exam fee. You will be taken to PayPal to pay this fee. You do not require a PayPal account to pay with a credit card.
- Have the fieldwork verification and recommendation forms completed online by a supervisor
- Upload required documents
- Schedule your exam with correct time zone. (Please note, there is no same day scheduling.)
- Check your email. Within 24 business hours of scheduling your exam, you will receive an email at the address you entered during QABA account creation. This email will contain the information required to complete your User Account with our proctoring service, Examity. Click HERE to download the Examity Student Quick Guide for more information.
- At the scheduled time, follow the pre-exam instructions from QABA.
The fee for the ABAT is $125, the QASP-S is $300 and the QBA is $350. These costs cover your application and exam. Should you fail the exam on your first attempt, you must reschedule to take the exam again after you pay the retake fee.
Please click HERE for more information on the retake fees.
Please click HERE for more information on MISC fees that can occur during the exam process.
Applied Behavior Analysis Technician Examination – Two (2) hours to complete
Qualified Autism Services Practitioner-Supervisor Examination – Three (3) hours to complete
Qualified Behavior Analyst Examination – Three (3) hours to complete
If you require additional time to take an exam, please complete the EXAM ACCOMMODATIONS application.
- You will need a government issued ID to show the proctor on webcam for verification purposes
- You will need a mirror to show the proctor on webcam that there is nothing attached to your laptop/computer screen
- You must be alone in the room
- You must have a clear desk and workspace (a drink is allowed)
- Your laptop/computer must be connected to a power source (No use of tablets, phones, or Chrome Books permitted.)
- No phones or headphones
- No dual monitors
- You cannot leave your seat during the exam
- No talking during the exam, unless you need to ask questions to the proctor
- No bathroom breaks
- Webcam, speakers, and microphone must remain on throughout the exam
- You must remain visible to the proctor for the duration of the exam
PRE EXAM: Please run an internet speed test at speedtest.net while connected with the proctor prior to starting the exam. We recommend that students have at least a 5MBPS upload and download speed.
PRE-EXAM: If the internet upload OR download speed is below 2MBPS, the exam will not proceed and the student will need to reschedule a new exam and pay the retake fee. If the internet upload OR download speeds are between 2MBPS and 5MBPS, students may take the exam at their own risk. However, if the internet connection is lost during the exam and the proctor cannot see the student, the exam will stop, and the student will need to reschedule a new exam and pay the retake fee.
The video below demonstrates the Examity process:
Successful Exam Completion
If you are successful and pass the exam, please wait approximately 3-7 business days for us to review your video to make sure all rules were followed and there were no anomalies. You will then receive an email on the next steps.
Unsuccessful Exam Completion
If you are unsuccessful, you may retake the exam when you are ready. You can find out more information on retakes by clicking HERE.