If you are unsuccessful on your first attempt, you may re-take the exam within one year from your original attempt. If you retake the exam within this one-year period, you are not required to resubmit your Supervised Fieldwork Verification or Recommendation forms.
Applied Behavior Analysis Technician (ABAT):
- Candidates who fail the ABAT exam on their first attempt may schedule a second attempt immediately after the date of the first exam attempt.
- If an applicant fails to pass the ABAT on the second attempt, a third exam may be scheduled 30 days after the second exam attempt.
- If needed, 30 days must elapse between a third and fourth exam attempt. Candidates may not test more than 4 times within one calendar year of their first exam attempt.
Qualified Autism Service Practitioner-Supervisor (QASP-S):
- If an applicant fails to pass the QASP-S exam, they may schedule to retake the exam after 30 days.
- If a fourth attempt is needed, 30 days must elapse between the third and fourth exam attempt.
- Candidates may not test more than 4 times within one calendar year of their first exam attempt.
While the QABA® Credentialing Board (“QABA”) has internal procedures in place to ensure the examination retake policy herein is followed by all examination candidates, the QABA Board reserves the right to revoke the certification status of candidates who knowingly attempt to retake an examination without abiding by QABA’s retake policy as stated above.
A $50.00 retake fee must be paid for each retake of the ABAT exam and a $110.00 retake fee must be paid for each retake of the QASP-S exam. If you need to retake your exam, you must log into your QABA account and pay the retake fee. Once you have paid the retake fee, you must follow the same steps as your original exam attempt.
For more information on additional costs that you can encounter during your exam process, please click HERE.
If you do not pass the exam within this one year period, you will be required to re-submit both the Supervised Fieldwork Verification and Recommendation forms.
Exam retakes are subject to the same terms and conditions of the original applications.