All CEUs must have a certificate of attendance with the signature and printed name of the presenter. Presenter must be by a master’s level (or higher) professional within the field of applied behavior analysis or be in a related field.
*College/university coursework may be considered following approval. Transcripts and curriculum must be provided and approved. Only subject matter specifically addressing the field of ABA, special education, autism, developmental disability and similar subjects can be considered. The number of credits the course equals the number of CEU credits, for example, a 3-credit course equals 3 CEUs.
* Teaching at the university level will be accepted for any university accredited for higher education. It is the responsibility of the certificant to show proof of the school accreditation as needed.
Ongoing Supervision Requirements
Every 90 days, the ABAT and QASP-S are required to meet with his/her supervisor for 5% of the time they provide direct services to a client. The 5% supervision can be done remotely, using a HIPAA compliant video conferencing program; however, one of the contacts must be one-to-one in vivo/live for a minimum of 1 hour. QBA certificants do not require supervision once certified as they are independent practitioners.
The QASP-S requires a supervisor (master’s level certification or above) to complete the online supervisor attestation form. Candidates must complete the 8 hours of supervisory coursework. They are required to have 5% of direct care hours supervised; however, once the QASP-S has completed 1,000 hours, they may reduce the supervision to 2%, upon supervisor discretion, with at least one contact live one-to-one every 180 days.
QABA permits remote supervision for one-to-one contact hours.
For any questions call the QABA office at 877-220-1839
- If a renewal application has lapsed over 30 days (up to 90 days), a reinstatement fee of $50 is due in addition to the renewal fee. If renewal has lapsed over 90 days, a penalty of $100 will be due in addition to the renewal fee.
- If a certificate remains expired for an entire renewal period (2 years) the individual must reapply and retake the exam to move their certificate status to active.
- Each application requesting inactive status will pay a $50 processing fee* along with their application. Inactive status will only be permitted once per cycle.
- When an inactive certificant applies to be active again, their certificate cycle will restart where it was paused. For example, if they went inactive one year into their cycle, they will have one more year before renewal is due. If they went inactive one month before their expiration, they will have one more month before renewal. Active status will require a $50 fee for processing.
- *Military clause – Individuals who serve in any branch of the armed forces (reserve & guard included) and their dependents are eligible for inactive status without incurring fees.