See standards and coursework guidelines for the ABAT, QASP-S and the QBA at www.qababoard.com
Certificates of Completion
A certificate of completion serves as proof of attendance for participants in coursework. Providers are required to supply certificates of completion to participants upon request within 10 business days of course completion.
A certificate of completion must contain the following:
- Participants name
- Display the official QABA approved coursework provider logo
- Course title: ABAT, QASP-S, or QBA coursework
- Date(s) of attendance
- Printed name of the provider and their assigned QABA provider number (received once approved)
- Signature of presenter (can be a scanned signature)
- Number of hours completed
Record Keeping and Document Retention
QABA approved providers must keep active files and records of all approved courses and participant attendance information for a minimum of three years from the date of course registration. All completion certificates for all components of the 40, 188, or 270 approved coursework should be maintained. Providers should allow participants the ability to request additional copies of attendance during those 3 years.
Course administration items that must be kept on file by the provider include:
- Attendance records or online logs
- Certificates of completion for all components of the curriculum with the number of hours completed
- Curriculum designer information, including contact information, copy of certificate/license
- Exam and competency checklists. Providers should determine passing standards
QABA completes annual audits of all files. Providers and participants are chosen randomly. Upon request, providers must comply with requested information within 10 days.
QABA Coursework Provider Logo Usage
Current Approved Providers are authorized to use the logo to advertise their organizations as “QABA Approved Coursework Provider.” Only currently approved QABA providers are authorized to use this logo.
Approved providers shall use the QABA coursework provider logo on their website. Permission to use the QABA logo may be terminated by QABA for any breach of QABA policies, procedures or terms. The QABA coursework provider logo is the only logo that providers are authorized to use, and may not be manipulated in any way except for resizing purposes.
Coursework Provider Policies
- Organizations shall delegate a PPOC who is responsible for editing provider profiles; updating accounts; and registering coursework. PPOC’s will have access to the provider manual, certificate template, tools and resources.
- All approved providers are responsible for all materials, design, certificates, updated and current provider profiles; updating accounts; policy changes and registering courses. Providers shall keep active files and records of all approved courses and participant attendance for a minimum of three (3) years from the date of course registration.
- Providers shall ensure that courses meet the ABAT/40 hours, QASP-S/188 hours, or QBA/270 hours requirement.
- Providers should provide a certificate of completion to participants who pass an exam or competency check.
- Educational content is to be free of endorsements, bias, marketing or sales orientation. Courses must include all the required identifying information.
- Providers shall use the QABA coursework provider logo on their website. The QABA coursework provider logo may not be altered in any form. The use of the QABA logo is permitted effective from the date an entity is approved as a QABA coursework provider. The use of the QABA coursework provider logo is not transferable and only applicable to the specific QABA approved coursework. The QABA coursework logo remains the property of QABA at all times. Providers who withdraw or fail to renew their provider status, or who violate QABA policies, shall cease immediately from using the QABA coursework provider logo. Permission to use the QABA coursework provider logo may be terminated at any time by QABA for any breach of QABA provider policies, procedures or terms.
- Providers shall make available course certificates of completion upon request within ten (10) business days of course completion.
- Audits will be performed annually, providers/PPOCs must submit all requested documents within 10 days of request.
Coursework Provider Ethics
- Providers shall not discriminate in the delivery of coursework on the basis of race or ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
- Providers shall not misrepresent their credentials, nor the credentials of their assistants and administrative personnel.
- Providers shall reference the source when using other providers’ ideas, courses, or products in written, oral, or any media presentation or summary.
- Providers shall adhere to prevailing professional standards when referencing other professional entities and products. Providers shall not demean any other provider and/or manufacturer in any manner through advertising, verbalization or marketing.
- Providers shall not engage in dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation or any form of conduct that adversely reflects on the QABA provider system or the profession.
- Providers shall ensure that information collected from participants shall be secure from unauthorized use.
- Providers are assigned a QABA coursework provider number. It can only be used by the approved provider in the manner and coursework approved in the application.
- Providers are responsible for any and all activity reported under their provider number.
Submit your coursework application by printing the application and upload it as a zip file with all of the required documents at https://qababoard.com/coursework-application-form/
Click QABA Coursework Provider Application to download the application
Click QABA Coursework Provider Guidelines to down a pdf version of the guidelines
Note: Individual candidates who wish to submit college coursework toward the 188 hours or 270 hours requirement must provide transcripts by logging into their account and uploading a copy of their transcripts with the course number circled that they wish to have considered for approval.